There is so much to travel and see on this earth, that it amazes me when people say “But whats so great about traveling?”. For those of us who love traveling around the world but are limited by their budget, here are a few tips to help you through.
- Research about your destination well in advance, try Lonely Planet, Trip Advisor and you’ll be surprised to finds new facts, tips and interesting pieces of information about your destination.
- Explore Google maps or Google Earth, dive into the place and get a visual perspective about your destination, besides being a great way to familiarize yourself with the surroundings.
- Stay at Airbnb, Homestays around your destination, that gives you a good experience of the local culture, cuisine and are relatively cheaper.
- If you are really strained by your budget, try Couchsurfing your way around the world (The CouchSurfing Project is a free, Internet-based, international hospitality service, and it is one of the largest hospitality exchange network.).
- Hedge your travel, book your flight tickets in advance, and get the best rates. Try travel search engines like travelocity.com, orbitz.com, kayak.com and several similar other websites to the get the best flight deals.
- Follow blog posts of fellow travelers, popular travel bloggers, as they tend to be more honest in their opinions and can give you invaluable tips and nuggets about your destination.
- But most importantly, plan, plan and plan! It helps to have a well planned schedule or an itinerary with room for deviation. Planning months in advance helps because you end up saving for your trip, and you also end up getting the best deals.
As a travel quote goes, “The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page”. So plan, schedule and bon voyage!.